Overview of AdWords Express for Ad Grants
If you have a Google Ad Grants account but feel that you don't have the time or expertise to manage it properly, you can create an AdWords Express account for Ad Grants.
FAQWhat is AdWords Express?
AdWords Express is an advertising product that automatically manages your online ads, without the need for daily management or tasks. Benefits of using AdWords Express includes:
- Create an online ad quickly and easily.
- Attract more users to your website.
- Minimal ongoing management necessary. AdWords Express runs and automatically optimizes your ads for you.
- Similar to AdWords, you can reach customers on desktop computers and mobile devices (such as smartphones and tablets).
- Review the effectiveness of your ads in your dashboard.
Yes, you can have both an AdWords account and an AdWords Express account with Google Ad Grants. In order to take advantage of your Ad Grants budget, it is important to use the same login and password information for both of your AdWords and AdWords Express account.
Note: Your AdWords account and AdWords Express account will share the same $10,000 USD a month budget. As a result, make sure to split your daily budgets accordingly between the two accounts.
New Google Ad Grantees
If are new to Google Ad Grants and you want to start using AdWords Express, you have to first apply to the Google for Nonprofits program. Please follow the steps outlined below to get started:
- Apply for the Google for Nonprofits program. Visit your country's Ad Grants site to apply.
- Once you have been accepted into the Google for Nonprofits program, enroll in Ad Grants.
- Create an account using the AdWords Express Account Creation Guide and submit your account for us to review and activate. We will notify you once it has been approved.
Existing Google Ad Grantees
If you have an existing AdWords Grants account and would like to start using AdWords Express, follow these steps:
- With your AdWords Grants account login and password, sign in to the AdWords Express site.
- Use the AdWords Express Account Creation Guide to help you create your first ad.
- If you are using a different website domain from your existing Ad Grants account, please visit our Ad Grants website policy for more information and next steps.
Important: You must use your existing Ad Grants account login and password information to sign up for AdWords Express in order to take advantage of your Ad Grants budget. DO NOT submit any billing/credit card information as you will be responsible for all costs incurred.
Your AdWords account and AdWords Express account will share the same $10,000 USD a month budget. As a result, make sure to split your daily budgets accordingly between the two accounts.
Yes, the same limitations apply to AdWords Express and AdWords for Grantees:
- $10,000 USD/month budget to be shared between both your AdWords Express account and Google Ad Grants AdWords account
- A maximum cost-per-click (CPC) limit of $2.00 USD
- Ads only appear on Google
- Text ads only
At the moment, AdWords Express is only available to Ad Grantees in the following locations:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Singapore, in English
- Malaysia, in English
- Hong Kong, in English
- Philippines, in English
Please check back for updates on newly added countries.
No. Any changes, including adding, editing, pausing, or removing ads can only be done through your AdWords Express account. If you sign in to AdWords, you'll see an alert that directs you to your AdWords Express account to manage your AdWords Express ads.
To pause your AdWords Express ads:
- Sign in to your AdWords Express account.
- Click "Active" and change to "Inactive."
To pause your AdWords ads:
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Select the Campaigns view at the top, then select the Campaigns tab and click All campaigns from the menu on the left.
- Look at the "Status" column to see the current state of your campaigns.
- Select the checkbox besides a campaign to select it, or select all campaigns by checking the box at the top next to the "Campaign" column header.
- Click the Edit drop-down menu above your campaigns to select Enable (restart), Pause (put on hold), or Remove (stop and remove from your list).