Signing in to AdWords
Signing in with your account
First, make sure that you’re using the most up-to-date version of your browser. AdWords is compatible with the latest versions of Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome. Find out how to download these browsers.
To sign in to AdWords:
- Go to the AdWords homepage at https://adwords.google.co.uk.
- Click the Sign in link at the top of the page.
- Enter your Google Account email address or Gmail username in the Email field.
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Click Sign in.
Fix a problem with signing in
- Sign-in issues: If you have trouble signing in to your AdWords account, use our troubleshooter to help solve your problem.
- Account editing issues: Learn how to change your AdWords sign-in information.
- Access issues: If someone who used to run your AdWords account has left the company, and you can't access your AdWords account, fill in the lost account form.
Additional sign-in options
Looking for an easier way to sign in? If you don't want to enter your username and password every time you want to access your AdWords account, select the tick box next to "Stay signed in" below the Password field on the AdWords homepage. Unless you delete your browser cookies, you won't be asked for your password for 24 hours from the last time you signed in to your account.
Signing in to multiple accounts
If you'd like to sign in to additional AdWords accounts without having to sign out and back in again, just click the Add account button to sign in to your other accounts.
Multiple sign-in doesn't merge account data, and it doesn't give one account access to another.
Multiple sign-in is most convenient to use on devices that you don't share with other people.
Follow these steps to sign in to multiple AdWords accounts:
- Click your email address or customer ID at the top of the page.
- Select Add account from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the email address and password for another account that you want to access, and click Sign in.
Once you’re signed in to more than one account in the same browser, you can switch accounts by clicking your email address at the top of the page. From there, select the email address that you’d like to sign in to. If you sign in to an account that isn't yet associated with an AdWords account, you'll be directed to an AdWords sign-up page on another tab.
If you're an agency or manage multiple AdWords accounts, a My Client Centre (MCC) account could save you time by letting you view and easily manage all of your AdWords accounts from one account. Learn how to create a My Client Centre account.
Signing in with your Google Account alternative usernames
If you've added an alternative email address to your Google Account, you can use that alternative email address to sign in to AdWords. Your password will be the same as for your primary email address.
Learn how to grant or remove access to your AdWords account.
- Because your Google Account allows access to most Google products, we recommend that you don't share your password with anyone.
- Enable 2-step verification in your Google Account for additional security. This verification process requires you to have access to your phone (or backup verification codes if you don't have access to your phone), username and password when you sign in to your account.
- If you don’t have a recovery phone number on file or if it's out of date, we recommend adding it to your account to help you gain access in case you forget your username. A mobile phone is an easy way to help recover access to your account. Learn how to add your mobile phone number to your account.
- Learn how to create your first ad campaign (recommended for new advertisers).
- If you've already shared your account password, think about changing your password.
- Read more about our policies, terms and conditions.