Google Play Movies & TV
For information on whether this feature is available on your device or in your country, please see our Feature Availability article.
The Google Play Movies & TV app brings Google Play movies and TV shows to your Google TV. Rent or purchase your favorite episodes or films in the Play Store and they will instantly appear in the Play Movies app, ready to stream.
Content purchased on your Google TV through the Play Store can also be streamed to your Android phone or tablet.
To watch purchased or rented Movies & TV from another Google account:
- Press Menu while in the Movies and TV app.
- Select Account > Add account.
- Once you have added this account, the movies and TV shows associated with it will populate the Movies & TV app.
Can I rent a movie/TV show on my tablet, smartphone, Chrome browser, etc. and then watch it on my Google TV device?
- Yes, your movies/TV shows will appear in the Google Play Movies app as long as you are signed into the same account that you rented/purchased the content with. Conversely, you can rent/purchase movies & shows on your Google TV device and watch them on other devices (as long as the rental period has not expired).
Will I still be able to watch Google Play/YouTube movie rentals via the Google TV YouTube app?
- Yes. Shows and movies you rent or purchase on YouTube are available through the Google Play Movies & TV app, and shows and movies you rent or purchase through Google Play are available through the Google TV YouTube app.
How can I watch my rental/purchase in HD?
- Simply rent/purchase the HD version of your show/movie on the Play Store and HD playback will be available automatically. Note: Not all shows/movies are available in HD and not all devices support HD shows/movies.
Where can I find the Play Movies app?
- All Apps > Play Movies