If you have a Chromecast-enabled device, you can use the Google TV app on your phone or tablet to play movies and TV shows on your TV.
Cast videos with a phone or tablet
- Connect your device and your Chromecast to the same wireless network.
- On your phone or tablet, open the Google TV app .
- At the bottom, tap Your stuff Library.
- Select a movie or TV show.
- Tap Cast .
- From the list, select your Chromecast.
- Tap Play.
Tip: You can use the Google TV app to pause, rewind, or fast forward your video on your TV.
Stop casting to your TV
- On your device, tap Cast .
- Choose the option to stop casting.
- HD movie rentals play in HD on Chromecast, even if your phone isn't capable of HD playback.
- Chromecast continues to play your video when your device runs out of battery.
- To access video controls when your device runs out of battery, connect another device to the Chromecast.
- To save battery, turn off your device’s screen during playback.
- If you're signed in to YouTube, check that you're signed in with the same Google Account as your Chromecast.