To control your Google TV device, you can use the Google TV app on your phone or tablet as the remote.
With the virtual remote, you can:
- Navigate the TV screen
- Control media
- Turn the TV on or off
- Activate Google Assistant
- Change the volume
- Enter text to perform searches or enter login information
Set up your virtual remote
- Turn on your Google TV device.
- On your Android phone, open the Google TV app .
- Near the bottom right, tap TV remote .
- At the bottom, select your device.
- Enter the code shown on your TV screen.
- Tap Pair.
Learn how to fix problems with the Google TV virtual remoteCheck your Wi-Fi connection
To use your phone as a remote, your phone and TV must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
To check or change the connection on your TV:
- From the Google TV home screen, in the top right, go to the profile icon.
- Select Settings Network and Internet.
- Confirm that the Wi-Fi is on and that you’re connected to the correct network.
- If necessary, select the network to which you want to connect.
- If necessary, enter the password.
To check or change the connection on your phone:
- On your phone, open the Settings app.
- To find your network or select a different network, tap Network and Internet Wi-Fi.
- On your Google TV, unplug the power cable.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug in the power cable.
- Set up the virtual remote again.
- From the Google TV home screen, at the top right, go to the profile icon.
- Select Settings Remote and accessories Set up remote buttons Volume control.
- Confirm that 'Volume control' is set to 'Auto (CEC)'.