You can use the Google TV app on your Android phone as the remote to navigate your Google TV.
Get started with the virtual remote
The Google TV app is only available on Android phones in select countries.
With the virtual remote, you can:
- Navigate the TV screen
- Control media
- Turn the TV on or off
- Activate the Google Assistant
- Change the volume
- Enter text to perform searches or enter login information
Set up your virtual remote
- On your Android phone, open the Google TV app .
- Near the bottom right, tap Remote .
- At the top, tap Scanning for devices.
- Choose your device.
- To complete pairing, follow the instructions on your phone and TV.
- After pairing, you can use your phone or your remote.
Fix problems with the Google TV virtual remoteCheck your Wi-Fi connection
To use your phone as a remote, your phone and TV must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
To check or change the connection on your TV:
- From the Google TV home screen, in the top right, go to the profile icon and select Settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Confirm that Wi-Fi is turned on and you’re connected to the correct network.
- If necessary, select the network you want to connect to.
- If necessary, enter the password.
To check or change the connection on your phone:
- On your phone, open the Settings app.
- To find your network or choose a different network, tap Network & internet Wi-Fi.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Set up the virtual remote again.