Get started with the virtual remote
With the virtual remote, you can:
- Navigate the TV screen
- Control media
- Turn the TV on or off
- Activate the Google Assistant
- Change the volume
- Enter text to perform searches or enter login information
Set up your virtual remote
- On your Android phone, open the Google TV app .
- Near the bottom right, tap Remote .
- At the top, tap Scanning for devices.
- Choose your device.
- To complete pairing, follow the instructions on your phone and TV.
- After pairing, you can use your phone or your remote.
Fix problems with the Google TV virtual remoteCheck your Wi-Fi connection
To check or change the connection on your TV:
- From the Google TV home screen, in the top right, go to the profile icon and select Settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Confirm that Wi-Fi is turned on and you’re connected to the correct network.
- If necessary, select the network you want to connect to.
- If necessary, enter the password.
To check or change the connection on your phone:
- On your phone, open the Settings app.
- To find your network or choose a different network, tap Network & internet Wi-Fi.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Set up the virtual remote again.
- From the Google TV home screen, at the top right, go to the profile icon.
- Select Settings.
- Select Remote & Accessories Set up remote buttons Volume control.
- Check if “Volume control” is set to “Auto (CEC).”