If you choose basic TV when you set up your Google TV device, you can:
- Finish setup faster
- Use your device without a Google Account
- Use your device without an internet connection
- Without an internet connection, your device won’t get important security updates.
Some features aren't available in basic TV.
Switch from basic TV to Google TV
- From the home screen, scroll to the Google TV banner.
- Select Set up Google TV.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up with the Home app or your remote. Get more help with your remote.
Tip: If you already set up Google TV, you can’t switch to basic TV. To start setup again, you can factory reset your device.
- Watch TV through your cable service, satellite, TV tuner, or antenna with the TV app
- Play media from other inputs plugged into the TV
- Use a limited set of apps that come pre-installed on your device
- Use services and features that require you to sign in to your Google Account
- Access your Play Library
- Install apps
- Use the Assistant to search for content
- Cast content from another device