You can ask questions and complete tasks on your Google TV with Google Assistant. Google Assistant comes installed on your Google TV device. You can turn it on when you first set up your device, or you can turn it on later.
On Google TV devices, Google Assistant is available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Japanese.
Talk to Google Assistant
On your Google TV remote, press your Google Assistant button and ask a question or say a command. To help Google Assistant understand your request, speak into the microphone on your remote.
Tip: To do even more with your Assistant, download the Google Assistant app on your phone.
What you can ask Google Assistant
- Movies and TV shows: 'Play The Mandalorian on Disney+'.
- Video clips: 'Play cat videos on YouTube'.
- Apps: 'Open YouTube'.
- Search: 'Search for sitcoms'. 'Find sci-fi movies'.
- Info: 'Tell me about Game of Thrones'.
- Playback: 'Pause'. 'Stop'. 'Resume'.
- Volume: 'Louder'. 'Softer'.
Control your smart home
- Lights: 'Dim the living room lights'.
- Thermostats: 'Set the heat to 20'. 'Lower the temperature 2 degrees'.
Plan your day
- Alarms: 'Set an alarm for 7.00 a.m.'
- Reservations: 'Make a reservation for two at [restaurant] on Friday'.
- Game updates: 'Who won the Chelsea game?'
- Calculations: 'What’s 20% of 80?'
- Dictionary: 'What does "gregarious" mean?'
- Translations: 'How do I say "Nice to meet you" in French?'
- Finance: 'How’s the FTSE 500 doing?'
- Unit conversions: 'How many kilometres in a mile?'
- Search: 'Search for summer holiday ideas'.
- Image search: 'Find pictures of kittens'.
- Web answer: 'How do you remove wine stains from a rug?'
- Get to know your Assistant: 'Do you dream?' 'What's your favourite colour?'
- Games: 'Let’s play a game'. 'Give me a trivia question'.
- Entertainment: 'Tell me a joke'. 'Tell me something interesting'.
Tip: For more ideas, ask Google Assistant, 'What can you do?'