Google is here to help if you didn't get what you were expecting or you need a hand with your return refund. To be eligible for coverage, just choose a product with a cart icon and complete your order on Google.
Subject to the conditions of eligibility and limitations described below, Google will refund you if:
- Your item never arrives
- You get the wrong item
- Your item arrives in poor condition
- You return your item with a trackable shipping method and the merchant does not issue you a refund
How it works
If there’s a problem with your order or return, let us know and we'll connect you with someone who can help. Depending on the issue, the merchant may handle customer support. If you still need assistance, a Google specialist will review the situation and help you determine next steps, which may include refund assistance if you’re eligible.
Important: Google may be compensated by payment processors or other partners for Google’s transaction and support-related costs, including the Google Guarantee. This has no impact on how items are ranked.
To be eligible for this Google Guarantee coverage:
(1) You must reach out to report:
- Any items or orders not received: Within 30 days of your estimated delivery date.
- Any issues with a refund amount: Within 30 days after merchant receipt of return.
- If you got the wrong item or if the item condition wasn’t as expected: Within the item’s return policy eligibility duration or 14 days if the item was never returnable.
- The item may need to be returned to the merchant to be eligible for a full refund.
Additionally, for any return refund-related inquiries, the return package must have been dropped off or picked up by the return carrier within the return eligibility period displayed on the “Order details” page.
(2) You must comply with the merchant's policies, terms, and conditions.
(3) To be eligible for a refund, we may require you to contact the merchant first and either wait for a response or 2 business days before you request a refund.
This guarantee is a service provided by Google, independent from and additional to any legal and commercial rights or guarantees offered to you by merchants or payment providers.
Limitations of coverage
Google Guarantee coverage is limited to the lower of: (1) $2,500 per order, including tax and shipping, or (2) the amount you paid at checkout, equal to the original item price plus shipping and tax, minus any refunds you received from the merchant, manufacturer, or Google.
Google Guarantee coverage doesn’t limit your rights with the merchant or the item manufacturer. This means that you can still present a claim directly against the merchant demanding compliance with any rights and any legally mandated guarantees, like product conformity and hidden defects, or contractual warranties proposed by the merchant.
Google Guarantee coverage is not:
- A warranty against product defects. You should follow warranty instructions provided by the merchant or manufacturer or in other materials if the item is defective.
- Any form of insurance protecting against product loss, theft of damage after you take possession of it. You are responsible if you lose your item, if your item is stolen from you, or you break or damage your item after you take possession of it.
- A source of added compensation. If a merchant fails to meet its obligations, your maximum aggregate reimbursement from the merchant and Google is a full refund for the item.
- An item endorsement. Google does not certify, evaluate, or endorse the quality, safety, performance, or appropriateness of items sold through Google Shopping.
- A protection against identity theft or credit card theft. Your protection is limited to the item you purchased as described above.
In addition, you don't qualify for Google Guarantee coverage if:
- You've already received a replacement, reimbursement, or other satisfactory compensation from the merchant
- You filed a chargeback that is still open or if you won a settlement of any amount through your credit card or other payment processing company
- You lost the item you ordered or the item you ordered was stolen from you or was broken or damaged with use
Looking for the Local Services guarantee?
Visit their help center to learn more.