Buy with Google guarantee
Google is here to help if you don’t get what you were expecting, your order is late, or you need a hand with your return refund. To be eligible for coverage, just choose a product that has a blue Buy with Google tag and check out on Google.
Subject to the conditions of eligibility, Google will refund you if:
- You don’t receive the item
- You received the wrong item
- The item you received isn’t in the condition you expected
- The item you ordered is delivered late
- You don’t get your refund after returning items to the merchant
How it works
If there’s a problem with your order or return, contact our support team. We’re here 7 days a week through email, phone, and chat. A specialist will review the situation and help you determine next steps, including getting you a refund if you’re eligible.
To be eligible for Buy with Google guarantee coverage:
(1) You must contact our support team to report:
- Any items or orders not received: within 30 days of your estimated delivery date; or
- Any issues with refund amount: 30 days after merchant receipt of return; or
- If you got the wrong item, if the item condition wasn’t as expected, or if the item was delivered late: within the item’s return policy eligibility duration or 14 days if the item was never returnable. The item may need to be returned to the merchant to be eligible for a full refund; and
- Additionally, for any return refund related inquiries, the return must have been dropped off with the return carrier within 7 days of initiating the return; and
(2) You must comply with the merchant’s policies, terms, and conditions.
The Buy with Google guarantee is a service provided by Google, independent from and additional to any legal and commercial rights or guarantees offered to you by merchants.
The fine print
Buy with Google guarantee coverage is limited to the lower of: (1) $2,500 per order, including tax and shipping, or (2) the amount you paid at checkout, equal to the original item price plus shipping and tax, minus any refunds you received from the merchant, manufacturer, or Google.
Buy with Google guarantee coverage doesn’t limit your rights with the merchant or the item manufacturer. This means that you can still present a claim directly against the merchant demanding compliance with any rights and any legally mandated guarantees (product conformity, hidden defects) or contractual warranties proposed by the merchant.
Buy with Google guarantee coverage is not:
- A warranty against product defects. You should follow warranty instructions provided by the merchant or manufacturer or in other materials if the item is defective.
- Any form of insurance protecting against product loss, theft of damage after you take possession of it. You are responsible if you lose your item, if your item is stolen from you, or you break or damage your item after taking possession of it.
- A source of added compensation. If a merchant fails to meet its obligations, your maximum aggregate reimbursement from the merchant and Google is a full refund for the item.
- An item endorsement. Google does not certify, evaluate, or endorse the quality, safety, performance, or appropriateness of items sold through Google Shopping.
- A protection against identity theft or credit card theft. Your protection is limited to the item you purchased as described above.
In addition, you won’t be able to get Buy with Google guarantee coverage if:
- You already received a replacement, reimbursement, or other satisfactory compensation from the merchant
- You filed a chargeback that is still open or if you won a settlement of any amount through your credit card or other payment processing company
- You lost the item you ordered or the item you ordered was stolen from you or was broken or damaged with use
Looking for the Local Services Google Guarantee?
Visit their help center to learn more.