All payments made on Google Shopping are facilitated through Google Payments. Before checkout, add a valid credit or debit card to your account.
To modify your payment method:
- Sign in to Google Pay with your Google account.
- Click on Payment methods.
- Add, edit, remove, or set a card as default.
You can also add a new payment method at checkout:
- Click on Payment.
- Enter your card information.
- Click Save.
Google Pay balances don't work on Google Shopping.
If the transaction can’t be completed
- Try a different payment method.
- On pay.google.com, check if your billing address matches your address in your Google Pay settings.
- If your addresses don't match, update your address on pay.google.com.
- If there’s a lack of funds, a transaction can be declined. To find out if you have enough funds, check your account.
- Your card might have transaction restrictions. To find out your restrictions, contact the institution that issued your card.
- To find out if you have critical alerts, go to pay.google.com.