Important: For orders placed directly through a seller’s website, contact the seller for return assistance.
Sellers set return policies and they may vary for each item. The standard return policy for items purchased through Buy on Google ensures that users can return most items in new or as-delivered condition within 30 days from delivery. Return shipping fees or free returns is shown on the item's details page.
Tip: Your orders are protected by the Google Guarantee.
Before you start a return
Important: Learn what to do if the items you received are missing, damaged, or incorrect.
- Items must be returned within the return period, which can be found on the item’s details page. You can also check return eligibility details on your orders page.
- For certain products, you can get a refund without a return. Make sure to add only the items listed on your packing slip when you return your order.
- If your item isn't returned in the exact condition it was received, you may get a partial refund. This includes items that are missing nonessential parts or tags, or have other signs of use.
Refunds & item condition
When you request a return, the amount the seller refunds differs based on the item you bought and its condition upon return.
When the package with your return arrives at the seller’s return center, it may take up to 7 additional business days to process. Check the status of your refund with the return tracking number found on your orders page.
Tip: An item’s details page displays its return eligibility.
Exceptions include, but aren't limited to:
- Some sellers manage the entire return and refund process directly, rather than through Buy on Google.
- Electronics may need to be returned within 14 days.
- Food, pantry-safe groceries, and living things including flowers and plants may or may not be returnable, but can be refunded.
- You can’t return gift cards or other cards with a prepaid value, loyalty programs, memberships, or experiences such as event tickets or museum admissions.
- Items such as music, videos, software, and collectibles must be sealed and unopened when returned.
Essential parts & tags
- Return TVs, computers, tablets, and mobile phones in unopened condition unless the product arrived damaged or defective.
- Items should be unused, unaltered, with no damage or signs of use outside of the listed item condition or how it was received.
- All parts must be intact.
- Return all original product packaging, including boxes, UPCs, bags, or any items used to wrap and protect the item.
- Return all items that came in the original package. Items include: cords, cables, remote controls, free gifts or bonus items, certificates of authenticity (such as manuals, warranty, and rebate cards), grading or appraisal, and original tags.
- Items must have original tags, labels, or any accompanying materials in the state that they were originally included.
One-time consumption products
- Items designed for one-time consumption must be returned unused, unmarked, in their original condition, and with the factory seal and packaging intact. Examples of one-time-consumption items include, but aren’t limited to:
- CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, cassette tapes, Blu-ray discs, audiotapes, and video games or vinyl records.
- Items that need to be activated post-purchase. Examples of these items include, but aren't limited to prepaid cellular phone cards and electronically fulfilled PINs or minutes, software, and video games.
- Items that can’t be reused due to hygienic considerations must be returned unused, in their original condition. In addition, the factory seal, hygiene stickers, and packaging must be intact. Examples of these items include, but aren't limited to, swimsuits and undergarments.
Start a return
- Get a return label.
- With some sellers, you can get an instant return label for items through Buy on Google.
- Some sellers manage the entire return and refund process directly, rather than through Buy on Google. For these sellers, contact the seller through Buy on Google to start your return and receive a label. These sellers should get back to you within 2 business days. If you don’t hear from the seller within 2 business days, you might qualify to get a refund through the Google Guarantee.
- Return the order.
Refund processing time
After your return is processed, you receive your refund in 7 days. The refund amount should be for the full value of the items returned, but doesn’t include shipping & service fees.
Some stores may charge a return shipping fee for each return shipping label required, for the following return reasons:
- Better price found
- Changed mind
- Doesn't fit
- No longer needed
- Ordered wrong item
On the page with the item's description, you can find more information about the item's return policy and details about return shipping fees.
Tip: When your return is processed, you aren’t reissued any promotions or coupons that were applied to the original purchase. Get help with questions about your refund amount.