Return policies are set by sellers and may vary for each item. The standard return policy for items purchased through Buy on Google makes sure that most items in new or as-delivered condition can be returned within 30 days of delivery. Return eligibility windows, shipping fees, or free returns are shown on the item's details page.
Important: For orders placed directly through the seller’s website, contact them for return assistance.
Exceptions include, but are not limited to, these examples:
- Some sellers manage the entire return and refund process directly, rather than through Buy on Google.
- Electronics may need to be returned within 14 days.
- Food, pantry-safe groceries, and living things including flowers and plants may or may not be returnable, but can be refunded. An item’s details page displays its return eligibility.
- Gift cards or other cards with a prepaid value, loyalty programs, memberships, or experiences such as event tickets or museum admissions aren't returnable.
- Items such as music, videos, software, and collectibles must be sealed and unopened when returned.
After your return is processed, you’ll receive your refund in about a week. The refund amount should be for the full value of the items returned, but won’t include shipping & service fees.
Some stores on our site may charge a return delivery fee for each return shipping label required, for the following return reasons:
- Better price found
- Changed mind
- Doesn't fit
- No longer needed
- Ordered wrong item
On the page with the item's description, you'll find more information about the item's return policy and any details about return delivery fees.
Tip: When your return is processed, you won't be reissued any promotions or coupons that were applied to the original purchase. Get help with questions about your refund amount.
Your orders are also protected by a Google Guarantee.
Get an instant return label through Buy on Google
You can get an instant return label for some sellers through Buy on Google.
Not happy with the condition of your items when they arrive? Check your items before you start a return.
Ready to submit a request for a return? Learn how to return an order.
Get a label from the seller
Some sellers manage the entire return and refund process directly, rather than through Buy on Google. For these sellers, you’ll need to contact the seller through Buy on Google to initiate your return and receive a label. These sellers should get back to you within 2 business days. If you don’t hear from the seller in that time, you might qualify to get a refund through the Google Guarantee.
Refunds & item condition
When you request a return, the amount you’re refunded by the seller differs based on the item you bought and its condition upon return.
When the package with your return arrives at the seller’s return center, it may take up to 7 additional business days to process. You can check the status of your refund with the return tracking number found on your orders page.
Remember these points when you request a return:
- Items must be returned within the return period, which can be found on the item’s details page. You can also check return eligibility details on your orders page.
- For certain products, refunds can be issued without a return. Make sure to add only the items listed on your packing slip when you return your order.
- If you aren’t satisfied with your purchase, return the products in the exact condition they were received.
- If your item isn't returned in the exact condition it was received, you may get a partial refund. This includes items that are missing nonessential parts or tags, or have other signs of use.
- Make sure to choose the correct return reason when you initiate your return.
Essential parts & tags
- TVs, computers, tablets, and mobile phones must be returned in unopened condition unless the product arrived damaged or defective.
- Items should be unused, unaltered, with no damage or signs of use outside of the listed item condition or how it was received.
- All parts must be intact.
- Return all original product packaging, including boxes, UPCs, bags, or any items used to wrap and protect the item.
- Return all items that came in the original package. Examples include: cords, cables, remote controls, free gifts or bonus items, certificates of authenticity (manuals, warranty, and rebate cards), grading or appraisal, and original tags.
- Items must have original tags, labels, and/or any accompanying materials in the state that they were originally included.
One-time consumption products
- Items designed for one-time consumption can only be returned unused, unmarked, in their original condition, and with the factory seal and packaging intact. Examples of one-time-consumption items include, but aren’t limited to:
- CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, cassette tapes, Blu-ray discs, audiotapes, and
video games or vinyl records
- Items that need to be activated post-purchase. Examples of these items include, but are not limited to: prepaid cellular phone cards and electronically fulfilled PINs or minutes, software, and video games.
- Items that can’t be reused due to hygienic considerations must be returned unused, in their original condition. In addition, the factory seal, hygiene stickers, and packaging must be intact. Examples of these items include, but are not limited to, swimsuits and undergarments.