Return policies are set by stores and may vary for each item. Our standard return policy makes sure that most items in new or as-delivered condition can be returned within 30 days of delivery. Return shipping fees or free returns will be shown on the item's details page.
Exceptions include, but are not limited to:
- Electronics, which may need to be returned within 14 days.
- Food, pantry-safe groceries, and living things including flowers and plants, may or may not be returnable, but can be refunded. An item’s details page displays its return eligibility.
- Gift cards or other cards with a prepaid value, loyalty programs, memberships, or experiences such as event tickets or museum admissions aren't returnable.
- Items such as music, videos, software, and collectibles must be sealed and unopened when returned.
- Some stores manage the entire return and refund process directly, rather than through Google Shopping.
After your return is processed, you’ll find your refund in about a week. The refund amount should be for the full value of the items returned, but will not include shipping and service fees.
Some stores on our site may charge a return shipping fee of $5.50 for each return shipping label required, depending on the reason for return. On the page with the item's description, you'll find more information about the item's return policy and any details about return shipping fees.
Your orders are also protected by a Google guarantee.
Tip: When your return is processed, you won't be reissued any promotions or coupons applied to the original purchase. Contact us with questions about your refund amount.
Returns through Google Shopping
You can submit a request for a return for most stores through Google Shopping. For a list of stores you need to contact directly, skip to Returns through individual stores.
Not happy with the condition of your items when they arrive? Check your items before you start a return.
Ready to submit a request for a return? Learn how to return an order.
Some stores manage the entire return and refund process directly, rather than through Google Shopping. For more detailed information on their return policies, click on the store’s link below.
Refunds & item condition
When you request a return, the amount you’re refunded by the store differs based on the item you bought and the condition of the returned item.
When the package with your return arrives at the store’s return center, it may take up to 7 additional business days to process. You can check the status of your refund on your orders page.
Keep in mind the following when you request a return:
- Items must be returned within the return period, which can be found on the item’s details page. You can also check return eligibility details on your orders page.
- For certain products, refunds can be issued without a return. Make sure to add only the items listed on your packing slip when you return your order.
- If you aren’t satisfied with your purchase, return the products in the exact condition they were received.
Important: If your item isn't returned in the exact condition it was received, you may receive a partial refund. This includes items missing nonessential parts or tags, or other signs of use.
- TVs, computers, tablets, and mobile phones must be returned in unopened condition unless the product arrived damaged or defective.
- Items should be unused, unaltered, with no damage or signs of use outside of the listed item condition or how it was received.
- All parts must be intact.
- Return all original product packaging, including boxes, UPCs, bags, or any items used to wrap and protect the item.
- Return all items included in the original package. Examples include: cords, cables, remote controls, free gifts or bonus items, certificates of authenticity (manuals, warranty and rebate cards), grading or appraisal, and original tags.
- Items must have original tags, labels, and/or any accompanying materials in the state that they were originally included.
- Items designed for one-time consumption can only be returned unused, unmarked, in their original condition and with the factory seal and packaging intact. Examples of one-time consumption items include, but aren't limited to:
- CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, cassette tapes, Blu-ray discs, audiotapes, and video games or vinyl records
- Items that need to be activated post-purchase. Examples of these items include, but are not limited to: prepaid cellular phone cards and electronically fulfilled PINs or minutes, software, and video games.
- Items that can’t be reused due to hygienic considerations must be returned unused, in their original condition, with the factory seal, hygiene stickers, and packaging intact. Examples of these items include, but are not limited to swimsuits and undergarments.