To add music that you have purchased from Google Play as a ringtone, you'll need to download your desired song to your desktop and add it to the Ringtones folder on your device. Here's how to add your ringtone.
First, download the song to your desktop
- Visit play.google.com/music on your computer.
- Select the menu icon > Music Library. Along the top of the screen, select Songs.
- Hover your mouse over a song to show the menu icon .
- Click the menu icon > Download.
Note: If you are prompted to add the Google Play Music Chrome extension, you can add the extension or choose to download your song directly.
Then, add the song to your Ringtones folder
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- In the window that pops up, find the "Ringtones" folder.
- Each device varies, so if you don't have a "Ringtones" folder, check your "Media" Folder.
- Drag the music file (MP3) you'd like to use as a ringtone into the "Ringtones" folder.
- On your phone, touch Settings > Sound & notification > Phone ringtone. Your song will now be listed as an option.
- Select the song you want and set it as your ringtone.