Identify songs playing near you
Find the names of songs playing around you with Sound Search for Google Play. You can also purchase identified songs on Google Play or save songs to purchase later.
Sound Search is available in select countries on devices running Android 4.0 and higher.
Add Sound Search to your device
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Search for "Sound Search for Google Play."
- Tap Install.
- On your device, touch and hold the Home screen.
- Tap Widgets.
- Swipe right or scroll down until you see Sound Search. To move the widget, drag What's this song?
- While a song is playing, tap What's this song?
- To view the song in Google Play Store, tap the price.
- Say, "OK Google, what song is this?"
- Tap the Microphone . Then ask, "what song is this?"
View your search history
Android 6.0 and up: To view your search history, go to Google Play Sound Search. You'll see all searches from before you updated to Android 6.0, but new searches won't be saved to your account.
Versions lower than Android 6.0:
- Next to What's this song?, tap Clock .
- Review your previous searches.
- To view a song in the Google Play Store, tap the title.
- To delete your history, tap More Clear all.