Preorders in artist hub allow your fans to order your album before its release date. When you make an album available for preorder, your album (album title, album image, release date, track titles, etc.) will appear in the Google Play music store, together with a preorder button. Customers can place orders for the album in advance of the release date. Note that the album will not be delivered to Google Play music customers until the release date. They will also not be charged for the album until the album's release date.
To create a preorder for an album in the Google Play artist hub
- First, login to the Google Play artist hub.
- Under the Artists & Music tab, click the Upload & Edit Music button.
- Next, click on New Album.
- You will then be asked to edit your album information.
- In the Release Date field, enter the date you'd like the album to be delivered to Google Play music customers.
- If you would like to offer your album for preorder, select Enable Preorder. If you do not want to offer your album for preorder, select Do not enable preorder.
- In the Preorder Date field, enter the date you want the preorder to go live.
- After that, select an option in the Subscription Setting field.
- Click Complete to save your settings.
- If you un-publish your album during the preorder period, all pending preorders will be cancelled.
- If you increase an album price during the preorder period, all existing preorders will be fulfilled at the original price.
- If you decrease an album price after preorders begin, all pending preorders will be cancelled.