Submitting W-8BEN tax information
Google Play artist hub requires a bank account in a supported country.
In order to be paid for your content that is sold on Google Play, artist hub users in the US will submit a W-9 tax form. The W-9 tax form applies to US citizens, US resident aliens, US corporations and US partnerships.
For artist hub users outside of the US, the W-8BEN (Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding) form is our way to report your earnings to the local tax office. To complete your W-8BEN:
- Under the Payments tab, select Profile.
- Next, click on the Submit Tax Information link.
- Submit No as your answer in Certification of US activities. You will be brought to a W-8-BEN form that will need to be completed.
- Select the appropriate country of incorporation or organization.
- Select the type of beneficial owner.
- Enter your address.
- Enter your Taxpayer Identification Number (if required).
- Enter your foreign tax identification number.
- Select any claim of Taxation treaties that apply.
- Specify any special rates and conditions (if applicable).
- Check the item Notional Principal Contracts.
- Sign the certification of the your W-8BEN document.
At minimum, this form can be saved with Country of incorporation or organization, Type of beneficial owner, address and a signature. Please consult the IRS or your tax adviser for assistance with W-8BEN.
Payments will be paid monthly using the checking account that you identify for deposits.