To upload and publish content for Google Play using our artist hub, users must be residents of:
- Czech Republic
- United States (or its territories)
- New Zealand
US territories include:
- The 50 United States and the District of Columbia
- American Samoa
- Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- Puerto Rico
To edit a Google Play store page (but not upload audio files) you can be located anywhere worldwide.
Direct artist activities in the artist hub include claiming a Google Play store page, editing an store page, uploading artwork and audio files, and setting up a bank account for payment. For label artists, the artist hub activities include claiming and editing a store page. The label will take care of providing artwork, audio files and will deal with payment issues.
Your ability to use the artist hub may be limited if you are not resident in or are traveling outside of Google Play artist hub's supported countries.
Artist geographic requirements and limits:
- Create a Google Play store page (may include paying onetime signup fee*) - only allowed in Google Play artist hub's supported countries
- Claim a Google Play store page (may include paying onetime signup fee*) - worldwide
- Edit a Google Play store page including adding artist image - worldwide
- Upload audio files - only from Google Play artist hub's supported countries
- (For Direct Artists only) Bank account - must have a bank account from one of Google Play artist hub's supported countries.
- (For Direct Artists only) Business address - address must be from one of Google Play artist hub's supported countries
- Tax Identity for income reporting - we require W-9 or W-8BEN** - worldwide
* If you are outside of the supported countries listed above, the music portion of Google Play is not yet open for business. If you have an already-existing store page, you may claim the store page but not upload music.