Google Wallet and Google Checkout
The Google Play artist hub uses your Google Checkout account to pay you for sales on music that you sell on Google Play, and Google Wallet to purchase your Google Play store page.
- When you claim or create your Google Play store page, the artist hub requires a Google Wallet account so that you can pay Google Play for the one-time signup fee, and
- When you are ready to upload music to sell on Google Play, the Google Play artist hub requires a Google Checkout account so that Google Play can pay you for revenue share earned. You will be receiving your payouts from Google Play via Google Checkout. To receive your revenue share payouts for content sold on Google Play, you will also be required to complete a W-9 or W8-BEN and will also need to provide a valid checking account that will be verified before any payments have been delivered. These are all a part of the Google Checkout Account.
Creating a Google Wallet Account
In order to purchase your Google Play store page, you will need to have a Google Wallet account. Your Google Wallet account allows you to buy items (including your Google Play store page) across Google's markets. Please note that your Google Wallet account is different than your Google Checkout account, which you will use to sell your music on Google Play.
Your Google Wallet account will be linked to your Google account and you will be able to purchase items (including additional Google Play store pages) once you have gone through the steps of creating your Google Wallet account. You can create your Google Wallet account when you purchase your artist name--you will be asked to complete information about your credit card, name, address, and contact information. You can also create a Google Wallet account using the following steps:
- Visit wallet.google.com/manage.
- Click Sign Up Now.
- Fill out the required fields and click Create my account.
- To activate your Google Account, check your email account for a verification message from Google and verify your account.
You may see an authorization fee on your bank statement as we attempt to authorize your credit or debit card. This fee is not an actual charge, and no money will be debited from your account. If you have questions about authorization fees, check out this article.
Creating a Google Checkout Account
In order to upload and sell your music on Google Play, you will need to have a Google Checkout account. Please note that your Google Checkout account is different than your Google Wallet account, which you will use to buy your Google Play store page and any other content on Google Play.
To create your Google Checkout account:
- Log into your Google Play artist hub account.
- Click into the Payments tab.
- You will see a dialogue indicating that you need to create a Google Checkout account. Complete the the required fields and read the terms of service.
- Check the box next to "I have read and accept these documents," and then click Complete Signup.
- You now have a Google Checkout account!
When creating your Google Checkout account, your business name does not need to match your artist name.
For general troubleshooting of Checkout problems, please reference this article from our Checkout team.
Problem: We were unable to complete the transaction. Learn more.
If you see this error when trying to pay for your artist fee, it means that Google Play did not get a complete response back from Google Checkout. Before trying the transaction again, we would encourage you to first check if you were already billed or not. To do that:
- Go to: wallet.google.com/manage
- Log in using the same Google account as you are using for the Google Play artist hub.
- Check the transaction history to see if there is a processed charge.
Workaround: If you were already charged, please contact support before trying again. If you were not already charged, you can try again.
Problem: Checkout backend error. Please try again later.
If you see this error when trying to provide your business information, it means that Google Play did not get a complete response back from Google Checkout.
Workaround:You can simply try again.
Problem: I’m getting logged out when I try to process my artist fee with Checkout
Checkout does not support multi-log in at this time, and you may be encountering a issue with cookies. We recommend that you clear all cookies and browser data, and try again. See also the Checkout help center.
Problem: When signing out of one account and into another, my Payments page appears blank.
If you are switching between multiple Google Play artist hub accounts, you may find that, after logging into your second account, that the Payments tab may not show information.
Workaround: In order to get around this issue, please clear the cookies in your browser and log back into your artist hub account to see Payment information.
Problem: We're sorry. The requested broker relationship was not found | Your inserted profile already exists.
Checkout does not support multi-log in at this time, and you may be encountering a issue with cookies. We recommend that you clear all cookies and browser data, and try again.
Workaround: In order to get around this issue, please clear the cookies in your browser and log back into your artist hub account to see Payment information. Please also refer to this article for additional troubleshooting tips.