Google Wallet and Google Wallet for Business
The Google Play artist hub uses your Google Wallet for Business account to pay you for sales on music that you sell on Google Play, and Google Wallet to purchase your Google Play store page.
- When you claim or create your Google Play store page, the artist hub requires a Google Wallet account so that you can pay Google Play for the one-time signup fee, and
- When you are ready to upload music to sell on Google Play, the Google Play artist hub requires a Google Wallet for Business account so that Google Play can pay you for revenue share earned. You will be receiving your payouts from Google Play via Google Wallet for Business. To receive your revenue share payouts for content sold on Google Play, you will also be required to complete a W-9 or W8-BEN and will also need to provide a valid checking account that will be verified before any payments have been delivered. These are all a part of the Google Wallet for Business account.
Creating a Google Wallet Account
In order to purchase your Google Play store page, you will need to have a Google Wallet account. Your Google Wallet account allows you to buy items (including your Google Play store page) across Google's markets. Please note that your Google Wallet account is different than your Google Wallet for Business account, which you will use to sell your music on Google Play.
Your Google Wallet account will be linked to your Google account and you will be able to purchase items (including additional Google Play store pages) once you have gone through the steps of creating your Google Wallet account. You can create your Google Wallet account when you purchase your artist name--you will be asked to complete information about your credit card, name, address, and contact information. You can also create a Google Wallet account using the following steps:
- Visit wallet.google.com/manage.
- Click Sign Up Now.
- Fill out the required fields and click Create my account.
- To activate your Google Account, check your email account for a verification message from Google and verify your account.
You may see an authorization fee on your bank statement as we attempt to authorize your credit or debit card. This fee is not an actual charge, and no money will be debited from your account. If you have questions about authorization fees, check out this help center.
Creating a Google Wallet for Business Account
In order to upload and sell your music on Google Play, you will need to have a Google Wallet for Business account. Please note that your Google Wallet for Business account is different than your Google Wallet account, which you will use to buy your Google Play store page and any other content on Google Play.
To create your Google Wallet for Business account:
- Log into your Google Play artist hub account.
- Click into the Payments tab.
- You will see a dialogue indicating that you need to create a Google Wallet for Business account. Complete the the required fields and read the terms of service.
- Check the box next to "I have read and accept these documents," and then click Complete Signup.
- You now have a Google Wallet for Business account!
When creating your Google Wallet for Business account, your business name does not need to match your artist name.