When you earn points in a calendar year, your points add up to put you at a certain level. The more points you earn, the higher your level becomes. The higher your level is, the more points, perks and benefits you can get.
|Level||Number of points you must have||Points earned for every HK$7||Extra benefits|
|Bronze||0 to 249||1 point||
|Silver||250 to 999||1.25 points||
|Gold||1,000 to 3,999||1.5 points||
|Platinum||4,000 to 14,999||1.75 points||
|Diamond||More than or equal to 15,000 points||2 points||
Here’s an example of how your level might change from 2021 to 2022:
- In the calendar year January 1, 2021 - December 31st, 2021, you reach the Gold level. You’ll stay at Gold until the end of the next calendar year (December 31st, 2022), even if you don’t earn any points.
- From January 1st, 2022 to December 31st 2022, if you earn:
- 250 points, you’ll start January 1st, 2023 at the Silver level.
- 1000 points, you’ll start January 1st, 2023 at the Gold level.
- 4000 points, you’ll start January 1st, 2023 at the Platinum level.
- 15,000 points, you'll start January 1st, 2023 at the Diamond level.
You can get additional support benefits if you have a Platinum or Diamond status in Google Play Points. Learn how to get Platinum or Diamond status.
- Jump ahead of the waiting list for Play issues. When you call or chat with our support team, you’ll automatically be prioritized and get less waiting time.
- Chat with an expert from a dedicated support team. If you have Platinum or Diamond status, you’ll immediately get matched with specially selected agents from a team dedicated to support Platinum or Diamond status users.
Note: Google Play cannot guarantee waiting times. All support benefits are subject to availability.