After you join, you’ll earn points for Google Play purchases made from your enrolled Google Account. You won’t get points for purchases you made before you joined Google Play Points.
- Buy apps or games
- Make in-app or in-game purchases and subscriptions
- Buy books, movies, TV shows or episode purchases with Google Play or the Google Play Movies app
- Important: Play Credit can't be redeemed in France or Germany.
- Buy music or subscription with Google Play Music
- Install select apps and games
Note: You won’t earn points for any YouTube purchases.
- Even if you’ll only be able to sign up to Play Points on your Android device, you’ll still be able to earn points with Google Play purchases that you’ve made using your computer or smart TV.
- You can’t purchase points or convert points to cash.
- You can’t transfer points between accounts or to someone else, even if they are a part of your family group.
- If you have Google Play Points and change your billing country, your points are lost and your level isn’t carried over to the new billing country.
To calculate points earned, multiply the item’s price by the base earn rate for your level. The number of points you’ll earn is rounded up or down to the nearest whole number.
You’ll only earn points for the price of the item, not including any taxes paid.
At the Bronze level, you earn 1 point per $1 USD on all purchases. If you spend $5 USD, you get 5 points.
- When you move up to the Silver level, you earn 1.10 points per $1 USD. If you spend $5 USD, you get 6 points, rounded up from 5.50.
Earned points count towards both Play Points balance and level progress.
- Play Points balance: Use these points to unlock special items in apps and games or exchange them for Google Play Credit. When you use or exchange points, the points will be deducted from this balance. Any points you earn will expire one year after the last time you earned points.
- Level progress: Points you’ve earned in a calendar year count as progress towards the next level. Points won’t be deducted from your level progress when you use them. Once you reach a level, you keep that level until the end of the next calendar year.
When you return or cancel a purchase that you earned points on, those points will be deducted from your Play Points balance and level progress.