Play Store won’t open, load, or download apps
- You can’t download or install apps or games from the Google Play Store
- You can’t download music, movies, TV shows, or other content from Google Play
- The Google Play Store app won’t open or load, or crashes after it opens
- Downloads & app updates get stuck and won’t finish
Step 1: Check that you have a strong Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
First, make sure you have a strong internet connection. It’s best if you can connect to a Wi-Fi network. If you don’t have access to Wi-Fi, make sure you have a strong mobile data connection. Then try your download again.
Step 2: Clear the cache & data of the Play Store
This gives the app a fresh start and can help fix issues.
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Tap Apps & notifications See all apps.
- Scroll down and tap Google Play Store .
- Tap Storage Clear Cache.
- Next, tap Clear data.
- Re-open the Play Store & try your download again.
Step 3: Restart your device
If you still can’t download after you clear the cache & data of the Play Store, restart your device.
- Press and hold the Power button until the menu pops up.
- Tap Power off or Restart if that is an option.
- If needed, press and hold the Power button until your device turns on again.
If you're still having trouble
If these steps don’t work, see other troubleshooting steps.