If you move to a new country, you may want to change your Google Play country. Your Google Play country determines what content you see in the store. The apps, games and other content in the Store can vary by country.
- You can only change your Play country once per year. If you change your country, you won’t be able to change it back for one year.
- When you change your country, you won’t be able to use your Google Play balance that you have in your old country in your new country.
- You may lose access to some books, movies, TV shows, games and apps.
- To change your country, you need to set up a new country in Google Play.
- To set up a new country, you must be in that country and have a payment method from the new country.
Change your Google Play country
- In a browser, go to pay.google.com.
- At the top, click Settings.
- Under 'Payments profile', next to 'Country/Region', click Edit .
- To create a new Google Pay profile and link it to a new country or region:
- Click Create new profile.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- The first payment method must be from the country or region for which you add a profile.
- Add payment methods from other countries or regions after you set up your profile.
- The Google Play Store automatically changes to the new country or region. Country changes can take up to 48 hours, but you may notice the change sooner.
If you can't change your Google Play country or don't see the option to, try the following:Clear your cache and data
- On your phone or tablet, open the Settings app .
- Tap Apps & notifications See all apps.
- Scroll down and tap Google Play Store .
- Tap Storage Clear cache.
- Tap Clear storage OK.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu Settings.
- Tap Play Store version. The app will update, or notify you that your version is up to date.
If you experience issues when you try to update your country in Google Play, one potential solution is to:
What happens when you change countriesWhat happens to your Google Play balance when you change countries
Your Google Play balance is linked to your Google Play country. If you have Google Play balance and change countries, you won’t be able to use that balance in your new country.
Your balance will still be linked to your old country. If you change back to your old country, you will be able to use it again.
Your Google Play Pass subscription will continue to auto-renew.
If Play Pass is available in your new country: your access will remain the same.
If Play Pass isn't available: you’ll still have access to apps installed on your device, but you won’t be able to browse or install additional Play Pass apps. Learn how to manage your Google Play Pass subscription.Tip: Some apps won't be available in certain countries.