Request a refund for a Google Play purchase
If you see a charge from Google Play that you didn't make, report it within 120 days of the transaction. Report an unauthorized purchase here.
- Open a web browser (like Chrome or Safari) on your computer, tablet, or phone.
Copy https://play.google.com/store/account and paste it into the address bar of the web browser.
- Make sure this is in a web browser and not the Google Play Store app. You can't request a refund in the Google Play app.
- Scroll down to "Order History" and find the order you want to return.
- If you don't see the order listed, you may have bought it on a different Google Account. Find out how to switch accounts.
- To the right of the order, select More . If you don't see it right away, swipe to the right to find More .
- Select Request a refund or Report a problem and choose the option that describes your situation.
- Complete the form and note that you would like a refund.
- You will see a message saying "thank you for sharing your concerns." You'll then get an email with your refund decision. You’ll usually get this within 15 minutes, but it can take up to two business days.
If you have multiple refund requests, repeat these steps for each thing you bought.