- If it’s been less than 48 hours since you bought an app or made an in-app purchase: You can request a refund through Google Play.
- If you bought music, movies, books, or other content: You may be able to request a refund more than 48 hours after your purchase (check policy below).
You’ll usually get a decision within 1 business day but it can take up to 4 business days.
- On a mobile browser (like Safari), open play.google.com/store/account.
- Tap Order History.
- On the order, select Request a Refund or Report a problem and choose the option that describes your situation.
- Complete the form and note that you would like a refund.
- You will see a message saying "thank you for sharing your concerns." You'll then get an email with your refund decision. You’ll usually get this within 15 minutes, but it can take up to four business days.
- If you have multiple refund requests, repeat these steps for each thing you bought.
- If you don't see the order, you may have bought it using a different Google Account. Learn how to switch accounts.