Error 408 on Movies & TV app
You may have seen this error message on your Android device:
"Can't connect to Google Play (Error 408)."
This message means there could be a problem with your device's Internet connection. Here are some things you can try:
- Troubleshoot the issue using the steps below
- Request a refund for your video
Troubleshoot the issue
Try the steps below and check to see if your video plays after each one.
- Check if your Internet is working in other apps or your mobile browser.
- If not, try rebooting your Wi-Fi router. The easiest way to do this is to unplug your router's power cord and then plug it back in.
- If you have access to another Wi-Fi network, try connecting to it and watching the video again.
- Make sure you're using the latest version of the Google Play Movies & TV app .
- To check for updates, open the Play Store , then touch Menu > My apps.
- Restart your device.
- Update your Android OS, if available.
- To check, go to your device's Settings menu > About device > System updates.
- Advanced Tip: Some users have found that disabling IPv6 on the router can help fix this issue. To change your router settings, please see your router manufacturer’s help resources.
If you have tried the steps above and continue to have problems, please contact us for help.
Request a refund
If your video will not play correctly, you can request a refund for your video at any time.
Andrea is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.