Purchased books aren’t showing
If you’ve purchased a book and it isn’t showing up on the Google Play Books Android app, check if you're signed in using the same account you used when purchasing your book.
- Open the Google Play Books app.
- Touch the Books icon.
- Select Settings.
- Under “Account", you’ll see the account you’re currently using.
- To switch accounts, touch Account to sign in using a different account or add an account.
If you’re signed in using the same account you used to purchase your book and your book isn’t appearing in your library, you can refresh your library by touching Menu > Refresh (depending on your device, your Menu icon may look different).
Clear your app data
If you're signed in to the same account you used to purchase your books and your recently purchased books aren’t showing or your books aren’t loading, you can clear your app data to update your library.
You'll need to be connected to the Internet through a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection (3G/4G) to update your library.
Note: If you've downloaded books to read offline, you’ll need to download them again after clearing your app’s data.
- Go to your device's main Settings menu.
- Select Apps (on some devices, this may be under "Device").
- Swipe to view All apps.
- Select Google Play Books.
- Touch Clear data.
- Open Google Play Books and sign in.
After clearing your data, there may be a short delay the next time you open the Play Books app while your library is updated.