Fix problems using Google Play Books
If you’re having problems downloading or reading books, try the steps below.
Fix book loading problems
Try opening the book on a different browser than the one you’re using. If it works and you want to view it on the original browser, try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.
If that doesn’t work, the file type likely isn’t supported by Google Play Books.
Find a book in your library
If you can’t find a book you bought in your library, follow these steps.
- Open your library on Google Play.
- At the top right, click your profile photo.
- Click the account you want to sign in to. If you don’t see the right account, click Add account and follow the instructions.
- Go to the Play Store.
- Search for the book’s title.
- Click the book.
- Find the blue button.
- If it says "Read," you already own the book.
- If it says "Buy," the book isn’t in your library. You’ll need to buy it to read it.
- On your computer, go to the Play Store.
- On the left, click Account.
- Under "Order history," find the book you’re looking for.
- To the right of the title, click More Show or hide from my library.
- If you see "This item is currently hidden," click Show in my library.
- If you recently bought the book and it isn’t showing up, try clearing your browser data.
- If you selected "Delete forever" for a book, it will no longer show up in your library. You'll have to buy it again.
- In rare cases of content violations, books can be removed. If you can’t find a book in your library and it’s no longer listed on the Play Store, contact Google Play support.
Page numbers are missing or wrong
Most books on Google Play Books adjust to fit your screen when you change page features like font size or line spacing. This means:
- The same page number can appear on more than one page
- The page count you see might be different than the page count on the book’s details page.
See the original scanned pages of a book
Note: You won’t be able to adjust font size, line spacing, or other page formatting.
- Open Google Play Books.
- Open the book.
- At the top right, click Display options .
- Under "View," select "Original pages." This option isn’t available in all books.
Allow browser cookies for Google Play Books
If your computer's web browser is blocking cookies from Google Play Books, add an exception on Google Chrome.
- Open a Chrome browser.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom of the page, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings Cookies.
- Next to "Allow," click Add.
- Click Done.
For other browsers, like Safari or Firefox, refer to your browser's help resources.
Delete a book from your library
If you remove a book on your computer, it’ll be deleted from your library on all devices.
- Go to Google Play Books.
- At the left, click My books.
- Find the book you want to remove.
- Under the book cover, click More Remove from my library OK.