Fix problems using Google Play Books
Troubleshoot issues downloading, reading, or listening to ebooks or audiobooks.
Fix problems loading your book
On your computer, open the ebook or audiobook on a different browser. To view or listen to it on the original browser, clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
If that doesn’t work, the file type may not be supported by Google Play Books.
Fix problems with book rentals
If the textbook you rented hasn’t appeared in your library:
- Make sure you’re signed in to the Google Account you used to rent the book.
- Make sure you’ve updated the Google Play Books app to the latest version. If neither of these fix the problem, try these troubleshooting steps.
Find a missing book in your library
Find an ebook or audiobook you've purchased but isn't appearing in your library.Step 1: Make sure you’re signed in to the right account
- On your computer,, open your library on Google Play.
- At the top right, click your profile photo.
- Click the account you want to sign in to. If you don’t see the right account, click Add account and follow the instructions.
- Go to the Play Store.
- Search for the book’s title.
- Click the book.
- Find the blue button.
- If it says "Read," you already own the book.
- If it says "Buy," you'll need to buy the ebook or audiobook to read or listen to it.
- On your computer, go to the Play Store.
- On the left, click Account.
- Under "Purchase history," find the book you’re looking for.
- To the right of the title, click More Show or hide from my library.
- If you see "This item is currently hidden," click Show in my library.
- If you recently bought the ebook or audiobook and it isn’t showing up, try clearing your browser data.
- If you selected "Delete forever" for an e-book or audiobook, it will no longer show up in your library. You'll have to buy it again.
- In rare cases of content violations, e-books or audiobooks can be removed. If you can’t find a title in your library and it’s no longer listed on the Play Store, contact Google Play support.
Fix problems playing audiobooks
Check the sound or volume settings on your computer. If you're using Bluetooth speakers, disconnect them.
Fix missing or wrong page numbers
Most ebooks on Google Play Books adjust to fit your screen when you change page features like font size or line spacing. This means:
- The same page number can appear on multiple pages.
- The page count shown might be different than the page count on the ebook’s details page.
Allow browser cookies for Google Play Books
If your computer's web browser is blocking cookies from Google Play Books, add an exception on Google Chrome.
- On your computer, open a Chrome browser.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom of the page, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings Cookies.
- Next to "Allow," click Add.
- Click Done.
For other browsers, like Safari or Firefox, refer to your browser's help resources.
Delete a book from your library
If you remove an ebook or audiobook on your computer, it’ll be deleted from your library on all devices.
- Go to Google Play Books.
- At the left, click My books.
- Find the e-book or audiobook you want to remove.
- Under the cover, click More Remove from my library OK.