Cancel your Google Play Music subscription or trial
When you subscribe to Google Play Music, your subscription will renew automatically. You’ll be charged at the start of each billing cycle until you cancel your subscription.
Cancel your subscription or trial
Follow the steps below for your device.
On an Android device
- Open the Google Play Music app .
- Tap the Menu icon > Settings > Cancel subscription.
On a computer
- On your web browser, visit play.google.com/store/account.
- Under the “Subscriptions” section, find the subscription you would like to cancel. Next to it, select Cancel subscription.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish canceling your subscription.
For iPhone or iPad
You can cancel your subscription using a computer by following the steps above.
When you cancel your subscription
- You can keep using your subscription until the end of the billing period during which you cancel.
- When the end of the billing period is over and your subscription is canceled, you won't be able to access music you downloaded to your device, or playlists you created.
- If you subscribe again, you'll get access to your radio stations and also the playlists and music you uploaded.
Note: If you join a family music plan when you cancel your subscription, you'll be switched over to the family plan at the end of your billing period.
Family plan subscribers: Learn more about canceling your family's Google Play Music subscription here.Subscription cancellation policy
Once the monthly subscription fee has been charged at the start of a new billing cycle, you have 7 working days (14 days for users in the European Union) from the start of your first paid billing cycle to cancel your subscription for a refund.
If you don't cancel within the time period eligible for a refund, you won't be refunded for the billing period during which you cancel.
You won't be billed for trying out Google Play Music during your free trial. If you don't cancel your subscription before the end of that trial, you will start to be billed.
Each Google Account gets one free trial. If you cancel your free trial, you won't be able to get any other free trials.
If you download music to your device during the trial period, those downloads won't be available offline once you’ve ended your trial.
Jasmine is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.