Upload & read documents (PDF, EPUB)
You can read PDF and EPUB documents with Google Play Books. You can pick up where you left off when you move from one device to another. With EPUB documents you'll see your bookmarks, highlights, and notes on all your devices.
Upload PDF & EPUB files
Tip: It’s easier to upload a file on your computer rather than your Android device.
To upload files on your computer (suggested):
- Go to Google Play Books.
- Click My Books.
- Near the top right of your screen, click Upload files.
- Find the PDF or EPUB file you want to upload and click Select.
- Files will appear in your Uploads library.
To upload files on your Android device:
- Open the Google Play Books app.
- Touch the Menu > Settings > Enable PDF uploading.
- Exit the app.
- Download a PDF or EPUB file on your device and touch Upload to Play Books.
You can see all files you uploaded at My Library > Uploads.
Problems uploading files
Note: You can upload up to 1,000 documents to Play Books.
When you try to upload a book to Play Books, you may see an error message that your file can’t be processed. Try the following:
- Check the file type. For EPUB files, you can use a file validator. DRM-protected files aren't supported.
- Make sure your file is smaller than 100 MB.
- If your file is in Google Drive, try downloading it to your computer before you upload it.
- If your file is an EPUB, try converting it to a PDF.
If you can’t find a book you just uploaded to Play Books:
- Check your Internet connection.
- Make sure you’re signed in to the same account you used to upload the file.
- In the upper right corner, touch the Menu > Refresh.