Download news & magazines to read offline
With the Google Play Newsstand app , you can read downloaded news and magazines even when you don't have an Internet connection.
Tip: Make sure you have an active Internet connection before downloading Newsstand items to your device. It may take some time to download items to your device.
Download items to read offlineTo save a Newsstand item to your device:
- Open the Play Newsstand app .
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Library.
- On a news source, magazine or topic, tap More Download for offline reading. You may be asked to select the view you want to download.
Read or remove downloaded items
In the Google Play Newsstand app , a check icon indicates an item has been downloaded to your device.
If you want to remove an item from your device, tap More Remove download.
- Offline reading is available only with the Google Play Newsstand app . Currently, you can't read magazines offline on your computer.
- Audio, video, and some images aren't available offline.
Change download settings on Android
To update your download settings:
- Open the Google Play Newsstand app .
- Tap the Menu icon Settings.
- Under "Downloading," you can adjust your download settings. These include:
- Download via Wi-Fi only: Download only when using a Wi-Fi connection to help reduce potential carrier data charges.
- Download while charging only: Download only when charging to help preserve battery life.
Note: Magazines can be large files. Consider your device's data plan when changing your download settings.