Reading news & magazines with Newsstand
Google Play Newsstand is an easy way to discover the news and magazines you love, anywhere you go. You can enjoy Google Play Newsstand on your mobile device and read magazines on your computer.
Read suggested news stories
To read recommended content, visit the For You section of the Newsstand app. You can tap this section at the bottom of the screen.
- For You shows topics you subscribe to, and also adjusts to what you read most often.
- As you read more, your recommendations will improve.
- Once you've read an article, it will be displayed in grey.
- To refresh what shows on For You, swipe down on your screen.
Read news in a different language
Some news sources offer their articles in a number of different languages. To view translations:
- Tap the icon of a news source More at the top of the page Translate Select a language Translate.
- To change a news source back to its original language: tap More again Undo translation.
Note: Translations aren't available on the Newsstand app for iPhone and iPad.
Share news stories
You can share a link to a news story by tapping the Share icon: or .
Reading magazines on Newsstand
Magazines in Google Play Newsstand can display in a number of different ways.
Change the way a magazine displays
With some magazines, you can choose to read articles in the full print version or a lighter version with fewer images. You may also have the option to see only text with no images at all.
Print view : This view shows you the contents as they appear in the print version of the magazine, including all the images.
Lite view : This includes the cover page image but not the other images included in the print version. On mobile devices, most magazines open in lite view. It uses less data.
Text only: Some magazine give you the option to see just the text of an article with no images at all. To read in this mode, select View text (when it's available).
To switch between Lite view and Print view:
- Open an article and tap the screen.
- If the magazine includes the view options, you'll see the view switch . Tap the view switch in the upper right.
- Choose either Lite view or Print view .
Interactive magazines are specially formatted and can include elements like scrolling text boxes, videos, slideshows, and expandable photos. You can activate many of these features by tapping the page, an icon, or by swiping across a page.
To check if a Magazine is interactive: On the details page of a magazine, look for an interactive badge .
- You can't zoom on interactive magazines, since they are designed for specific screen sizes.
- You'll need an Internet connection to enjoy interactive elements on magazines.
- Some interactive magazines can be restricted to either horizontal or vertical reading.