Read books on Android
You can choose from millions of titles on Google Play to read with the Google Play Books app and pick up where you left off on your phone, tablet, or computer. Your library is synced to your Google account, so your library will be the same on all your devices when signed into the same account.
- Learn about reading with the Google Play Books app on iOS
Find books you’ve recently read or added to your library and personalized recommendations on the Read Now tab. You can select a book to start reading or use the pin icons to save a book on your device for offline reading.
You can find all the books you’ve purchased and files you’ve uploaded using your Google Play Books on My Library. You can also select Menu > Sort (depending on your device, your Menu icon may look different) to sort your collection.
To manage your collection of books and files, select the Menu icon located alongside any item in your collection.
- Keep on device: Save a book or file to your device so you can read it without an Internet connection.
- Delete from library: Remove a book from your library across all your devices. You can add free books or purchased books back to your library at any time by visiting the book’s page on Google Play and selecting Read.
- For uploaded files, you have the option to delete a file from your library.
- About this book: Learn more about books that you’ve purchased by visiting the book’s page on Google Play to find an overview, reviews, features, and other information about the book.
If you’d like to permanently delete a book from your library that you’ve purchased, along with all records of your purchase, you can visit Google Play on your computer and follow these steps.
- Visit your My Orders page on Google Play.
- Click the Menu icon next to the book you'd like to delete.
- Select Delete forever.
Search and sort
You can search the Google Play Store at any time using the Google Play Books app to find your next favorite book using the search field at the top of your screen.
If you’d like to just view files you’ve uploaded or books you’ve purchased on Google Play, use the My Library navigation menu to filter your collection.
You can also find books and files that you've recently read or purchased on the Read Now tab.