Buy & download books from Google Play
Explore available e-books on Google Play Books and purchase e-books to read on your electronic device.
Get books to read
You can’t make Google Play purchases with an iPhone or iPad. However, you can download e-books you bought on another device or read free samples of e-books.
Find an e-book you bought on another device
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Play Books app .
- At the top left, tap Menu My Library . Books you bought on the Google Play Books websitesync to your library.
Find free samples of e-books
- Make sure you’re connected to the internet.
- Open the Google Play Books app .
- At the top left, tap Menu . Then, choose an action.
- To see books recommended for you, tap Read now . Then, scroll down.
- To see articles and videos about books, tap Discover .
- Tap a book you’re interested in.
- To start reading, tap Free sample.
Once you download a book, you can read it anywhere, even when you don't have an internet connection.
Download using Wi-Fi only
To avoid data charges, you can download e-books using Wi-Fi only. To turn this feature on or off:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Google Play Books.
- Turn on the "Cellular data" option.