Send Google Play gifts by email
You can send gifts of Google Play Music subscriptions and Google Play Books by email in some countries. We call these ‘digital gifts.’ In many countries, you can also buy and give physical Google Play gift cards.
To send a digital gift, your recipient must be registered for Google Play in the same country as you. Currently, you can't send other digital content as gifts or lend digital content to another account. You can share apps and digital content with your family if you use Google Play Family Library.
If you have a gift, see redeem a gift card or promo code for instructions on how to use it.
Buy and send digital gifts
Send Google Play Music subscription gifts
|Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States|
You can send music subscription gifts through the Google Play Music app:
Open the Google Play Music app .
Tap Menu Settings.
- Tap Send gift.
- Pick your gift and follow the onscreen instructions to buy and send your gift.
Your gift will be delivered via email. If your recipient can't find the email with the gift code, you can forward your copy of the gift email.
Send Google Play Books gifts
|Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Mexico, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States|
You can send digital books that the recipient can read on Google Play Books:
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Search for a book you want to send as a gift. Tap the book to go to the detail page.
- Tap Gift .
- Follow the onscreen instructions to buy and send your gift.
Your gift will be delivered via email. If your recipient already has the book in their Google Play library, you can request a refund or give the gift to someone else. If your recipient can't find the email with the gift code, you can forward your copy of the gift email.
Transfers and refunds
Content can't be transferred between accounts
It is not possible to share or transfer content between accounts on Google Play, even if you own both accounts. If you have multiple accounts on your device, make sure you’re signed in to the account you want to use before you complete your purchase.
You can share content with your family
Note: This applies only to gifts of Google Play credit, Google Play Music subscriptions, or Google Play Books purchased through Google. If your gift was purchased through a third-party retailer, contact the retailer for refund information.
If you want to return your gift, let the purchaser know so they can contact us. Note:
- We can only issue a refund to the person who purchased the gift.
- Refunds can only be issued for gifts which have not been redeemed.
- The gift code is not redeemable once the gift is refunded.
- Refunds for Google Play credit gifts are only available for 3 months after the date of purchase.
Request a gift refund
- Open a web browser (like Chrome or Safari) on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Copy https://play.google.com/store/account and paste it into the address bar of the web browser.
- Make sure this is in a web browser and not the Google Play Store app. You can't request a refund for gifts in Google Play apps.
- At the top, select Purchase history. Then, find the order you want to return. To the right of the order, click More .
- Note: On mobile phones and tablets, you may need to swipe to the right to view the menu icon.
- Select Request a refund or Report a problem and choose the option that describes your situation.
- Complete the form and note that you would like a refund.
- You will see a message saying "thank you for sharing your concerns." Later you will receive an email about your refund.