Uninstall, disable, and delete apps
You can remove apps from your device if you don't want them anymore or you need to clear memory space. If you uninstall an app you paid for, you can reinstall it later without buying it again.
Uninstall or disable apps
- Go to your device's Settings app .
- Select Apps or Application manager.
- Touch the app you want to uninstall. You may need to swipe right or left to find the app.
- Touch Uninstall or Disable.
Uninstall vs. disable
There are two ways to remove apps depending on whether you downloaded the app or if it came preinstalled on your device:
- Uninstall downloaded apps: If you downloaded an app from Google Play, you can completely remove it from your device.
- Disable preinstalled apps: Some apps come preinstalled on your device. You can disable these apps, but you can't remove them completely. After an app has been disabled, it will be hidden on your device.
Note: Disabling a system app may cause other apps to misbehave and will delete your associated data for that app.
If you uninstall or disable an app you can add it back to your device. If you bought an app you can add it again without buying it again. Visit reinstall and re-enable apps for more info.