Remove downloaded apps
Apps downloaded from Google Play can be uninstalled from your device. If you purchased an app, you can always reinstall it at a later date.
Tip: Apps that come pre-installed on your device can't always be uninstalled. For more information, contact your mobile carrier or go to Disable & enable Google Play system apps.
Uninstall using your device's settings menu
To uninstall an app you no longer want:
- Go to your device's Settings menu > Apps or Application manager (this may differ depending on your device).
- Touch the app you’d like to uninstall.
- Touch Uninstall.
If you don’t see the Uninstall button or you only see the option to "Uninstall updates," the selected app can't be permanently removed from your device.
Uninstall using the Google Play Store app
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Touch the Menu icon > My Apps.
- Touch any app labeled "Installed" and select Uninstall.
Shana is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.