Returns, refunds and replacements
If you didn't purchase your device or accessory on Google Play, contact the retailer where you purchased your device for return information.
If you purchased your device or accessory on Google Play, read the article below for return information.
Google Play aims to deliver you cutting edge Android- and Chrome- powered devices and accessories that you'll love. If you aren't satisfied with your purchase, please review the information below to find out how to get the item you want or a refund for your purchase.
Request a return & refund
to initiate a return within 15 days of
receiving your order
|Return item(s) to Google
within 7 days of receiving
a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
|Item(s) arrives at Google warehouse||Receive refund within 14 business days|
If for any reason you don’t want to keep your device, you have 15 calendar days to return a device from the date you received it. The device and accessories must be returned to Google in its original packaging according to the instructions provided in the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form. Google will issue a refund in your Google Wallet account for the amount paid for the device, less any shipping and handling charges, within a reasonable time after Google receives the device.
- Contact us to request an RMA form and receive return instructions. In most instances, you’ll be required to submit an RMA form.
- Print the RMA (attached in the email) and place the form inside of the shipping box you're returning.
- Package and ship your return according to the instructions in the email.
- Include all items from your original shipment including devices, accessories, and documentation.
- Do not send additional add-ons such as your SIM card, a case, an extended battery, or battery cover door.
- If needed, find instructions for locating your device’s serial number.
Note that you’re responsible for making sure that the device arrives at Google in its original condition.
Replacements & defects
If you purchased a device or accessory from the Google Play store that is or becomes defective through no fault of your own, you may be entitled to a refund, replacement, or repair of your device. Please contact us and we'll work with you on next steps and replacement options.
Whether you purchased your device or accessory from the Google Play store or a retail store, your device may be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty. For more information, please go to the Warranty Center.
Lost or stolen shipment
If your device fails to arrive or you suspect it was stolen before you received the package, please contact us.