Read books with an e-Reader
You can read books from Google Play on most e-readers. You’ll need to download them to your computer and transfer them to the e-reader. To do this, download the Adobe Digital Editions app.
Note: Your purchased e-book can only be associated with a single Adobe ID. Standard device limits will apply.
Transfer books from Google Play to your e-Reader
- On your computer, download Adobe Digital Editions and follow the instructions to install it.
- Go to Google Play Books .
- At the left, click My books.
- Under the book you want to download, click More .
- Click Download EPUB (recommended) or Download PDF (not recommended unless EPUB isn’t available).
- Connect your eReader to your computer.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions. Drag the book to the name of the device you want to transfer it to.
Get help with common e-Readers
What won’t work
- Books bought on Google Play won't work on Amazon Kindle devices.
- You can’t transfer books using a Chromebook.
- Your highlights and notes won't be available when you read your books on an e-Reader.
Dan is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.