Watch movies & shows using a different account
You can watch a movie or TV show on any device that has the Google Play Movies & TV app. To watch, just sign in to the Google Account that you used to order the movie or TV show.
You can't transfer movies or TV shows between accounts.
Sign in to a different accountOn your Android mobile device
- Open the Google Play Movies & TV app .
- Tap the Menu icon .
- At the top of the main menu, you'll see which account you're using.
- Next to your account, tap the down arrow select a different account.
- To add a different account, go your device's Settings app tap Accounts Add account Google.
To sign in to a different Google Play Movies & TV account on Android TV, you'll need to remove the account you're using on your device and add the new one. After doing this, you'll need to go through the setup process again. For more information, go to the Android TV Help Center.
You can also cast to your Android TV from another Google Account using your phone or tablet. For more information, go to the Google Cast Help Center.
- Open the Google Play Movies app .
- Tap the Menu icon Settings Sign out.
- Select the account you used to rent or buy the movie or TV show.
- If you don't see the account you used, tap Add account.
Dan is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.