Watch & manage Google Play videos on your TV
There are a few different ways that you can watch movies and TV shows from Google Play on your TV screen.
On newer Smart TVs, you may see the Play Movies app already available on your home screen. If you don’t see the app, choose your device and follow the steps to install the app on your TV.
Install Google Play Movies on your Smart TV
- On your Smart TV, select Smart Home LG Content Store.
- Log in to your LG TV account.
- Select Play Movies app .
- Select the Install button OK.
Note: The Google Play Movies & TV app for LG Smart TV is not available in Japan.
- On your Smart TV, open Smart Hub and navigate to Apps.
- Select Samsung Apps.
- Select Google Play Movies and select Enter.
- Press Enter again to download the app.
- On your Android TV, from the Home screen, scroll down to the Apps row.
- Select Google Play Movies & TV app .
- Search for movies and shows.
- To search by voice, scroll to the top of the screen and select Microphone . To type your search, scroll to the right at the top of the screen and select Input .
- Select a movie or show.
Sign in to a different account on Android TV
To sign in to a different Google Play Movies & TV account on Android TV, you'll need to remove the account you're using on your device and add the new one. After doing this, you'll need to go through the setup process again. For more information, go to the Android TV Help Center.
You can also cast to your Android TV from another Google Account using your phone or tablet. For more information, go to the Chromecast Help Center.
Connect your Apple TV and your Apple mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network and use AirPlay to stream video to your TV.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Play Movies & TV app .
- Select a video to begin playback.
- Next to the video’s playback controls, select AirPlay .
- Select your Apple TV from the list.
Note: Apple TV using AirPlay is supported on Apple TV 3rd generation or higher running Apple TV Software 7.0 or higher. You can identify your Apple TV model here.
You can use Google Play Movies & TV on Roku in the countries listed here.
Set up Play Movies & TV on Roku
To set up Roku for Google Play, you'll need a computer or mobile device connected to the Internet. Google Play Movies & TV works with all Roku models.
- On your Roku, go to Channel Store and search for "Google Play Movies & TV."
- Select Google Play Movies & TV app Add Channel.
- You may need your Google PIN to add Roku. If you forget your Google PIN, learn how to reset it.
Add the Google Play Movies & TV app on your Vizio Internet Apps Plus Smart TV
- Press Via.
- Select App Store.
- Under "All Apps," select Play Movies.
- Press and hold OK. You'll see a message saying Play Movies has been added to your Dock.
Stream video to your TV with a Chromecast. You can play your movies in HD, no matter what device you're streaming from. No cables needed.
To connect your device to your TV, you'll need:
- An HDTV that has available HDMI ports.
- An HDMI cable or adapter that allows you to connect your device to your TV.
Once you connect your device and your TV, your device's screen and audio should play through your TV. If your video plays without sound, you may need to change the audio source using your TV settings.
Fix problems watching using a HDMI cable
If you have problems viewing videos on your TV, try the following:
- Disconnect both ends of your HDMI cable and securely reconnect to your device and TV.
- Check that you're connecting the HDMI cable to the correct HDMI port on your TV.
- Check that your TV is set to the correct HDMI source.
- Restart your device.
Sign in to your Google Account
To sign in to a different Google Play Movies & TV account, you'll need to remove the account you're using on your device and add the new one.
- On your Smart TV, open the Google Play Movies app .
- Select My Account Sign in.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. You can also open google.com/device on a web browser on your computer or mobile device, and enter the code on your TV screen.
For Roku devices, you may have to set a PIN or add a payment method. You won’t be charged unless you make a purchase.
Your Roku PIN is different from your Google PIN.
Search and buy videos
- To search for movies and TV shows, at the top, use Search .
- Select a category on the left. Use the arrows to scroll through the video options.
- Select a video’s poster to find more information, watch a trailer, or buy the video.
Manage your videos
- On your TV, open the Google Play Movies & TV app .
- Click My Library My Movies or My TV shows.