If you place an order using Google Wallet and your purchase is declined, you'll receive an email notifying you of the failed charge.
If you placed your order on a computer or mobile browser, you’ll need to update your information or add a different payment method to complete your purchase. If your payment information is not updated within seven days after your purchase is declined, your order will be cancelled.
Note: If you placed your order using the Google Play Store app and your purchase is declined, your order will be canceled immediately.
Once you’ve successfully completed your purchase, you can see your purchases on the My account section of the Play Store app, the transactions page on Google Wallet, or your My Account page on Google Play.
Additional information for payment problemsTroubleshooting declined cards
- Enter your card’s number without adding spaces or dashes.
- Enter your card’s expiration date as directed.
- Make sure your card hasn't expired.
- Enter the correct security code (or CVC).
- Google Wallet only sends CVC information to your bank for the initial authorization of your card. To help ensure the security of your credit card information, Google does not store your CVC and it will not be sent for other authorizations.
- Confirm the billing address listed in your Google Wallet account matches the billing address on your credit or debit card statement.
If you see charges for purchases made using Google Wallet, but you never created a Google Wallet account, please check with members of your household or business to confirm that they haven't placed the order.
If you're still unable to recognize the charge, report the unauthorized purchase within 60 days of the transaction so our support team can investigate.
If you previously created a Google Wallet Account and an unauthorized person has accessed your account, please contact our support team.
Our fraud protection policy covers you against any unauthorized purchases that were made with your Google Account. If we find that an unauthorized purchase was made, we'll make sure you aren't charged for it.
If someone has taken over your Google Account, you may still be able to recover your account.
If you come across an inactive Google Wallet button, Google Wallet may be unavailable for one or more of the items you're purchasing. Please contact our support team if you encounter inactive buttons while trying to make a purchase on Google Play.