Watch movies & TV shows on your computer
Use the web player
- Go to play.google.com/movies
- Click the movie or show you want to start watching.
- To close the web player, click anywhere outside the window.
Use the Play Movies extension for Chrome or Chromebooks
If you’re using Chrome or a Chromebook, you can install and use the Google Play Movies & TV extension to watch your videos. You can get additional features like info cards and cast videos to your TV with Chromecast.
Learn more about how to install and use Google Play Movies for Chrome & Chromebook.
Watch offline on a Chromebook
Downloading movies for offline viewing is only possible on Chromebooks, not other laptops or computers. You can also download movies to watch offline to your mobile phone or tablet.
Problems watching videos on your computerTroubleshoot issues
If you’re having trouble playing videos on your computer, try the following:
- Try using the Chrome browser to watch videos on your computer, if you’re not already.
- If you’re already using Chrome, try the Google Play Movies & TV Chrome extension.
If you can’t use Chrome and are using a different web browser like Firefox or Internet Explorer, try the following: