Get started with Music Manager
Uploaded songs not added to music library
Find troubleshooting steps for Music Manager
If songs you’ve uploaded with Music Manager aren't showing in your library, here are some troubleshooting tips.
Use the same account
Check if you’re signed in to Google Play Music and Music Manager using the same account.Find which account you're using on the Google Play Music app
- Open Google Play Music > Touch the Google Play Music icon > Settings.
- Your account will be listed under “Google account”.
- Touch Google account to use a different account.
- Click the Music Manager icon and open Music Manager.
- Mac: Near the top of your screen.
- Windows: Near the bottom right of your screen.
- Linux: In your notifications area.
- Click Advanced.
- The account you're using will be listed next to "Logged in as".
- Click Sign Out to sign in with a different Google Account.
Refresh your library
Open the Google Play Music app > Touch the Google Play Music icon > Refresh.
Check sync settings
You can check your device sync settings to make sure your library is being automatically updated.Review your sync settings
- Go to your device's main Settings menu.
- Under “Accounts”, touch Google.
- Select the account you use with Play Music and Music Manager.
- If it’s not checked, make sure the checkbox next to Sync Google Play Music is checked.
- If Google Play Music doesn’t appear, you may be currently signed in to a different Google Account on Google Play Music.
- Touch Sync Now.
If you recently changed the password for your Google Account, you may need to sign in again using your new password to update your library.
Check Android and Play Music versions
If your device is running an older version of Android or Google Play Music, it may prevent your music library from updating.Find your Android and Play Music versions
- Android: Your Android device needs to be running Android version 2.2 and higher to use Google Play Music.
- Go to your device’s main Settings menu > About phone or About tablet to see your Android version number.
- Play Music: Make sure you're using the latest version of the Google Play Music app.
Change your library view
Make sure you’re viewing all songs in your library on the Google Play Music app.View all songs in your library
- Open the Google Play Music app.
- Touch My Library.
- Touch the My Library menu title.
- Select All Music.
- Touch the Google Play Music icon > Settings > Refresh.
Supported file types and storage limits
To see why songs weren't uploaded to your library, on your computer's system tray or notification bar, click Music Manager > Run troubleshooter.
Note: If music is listed as Skipped, it was purchased on Google Play using a different account.