Music won't start playing
If you're having trouble playing music on Google Play, here are some troubleshooting steps.
TroubleshootingCheck your Internet connection
- Make sure you've installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
- Check if your browser has Adobe Flash Player turned on. Select your browser below for instructions.
- Open Google Chrome .
- In the address bar, type chrome:plugins and press Enter.
- Under “Adobe Flash Player”, click Enable to turn Flash Player on.
- Open Firefox or Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools > Add-ons.
- Click Enable next to Adobe Flash Player.
- Open Safari.
- Click Preferences > Security
- Check the box next to Enable plug-ins.
If you're using Google Chrome, Safari 3.1, or Internet Explorer 9 or higher, you can listen to music without using Flash.
- Go to Google Play Music (play.google.com/music).
- Click the Gear icon .
- Select Labs.
- Next to the HTML5 option, click Enabled.
- Click Save Changes.
If you've installed third-party browser extensions, some may cause issues with Google Play Music. Try disabling any third-party extensions to see if they're causing issues.
Using your mobile device
Sign into your account again
If you recently changed your account password, you may need to sign in to Google Play Music again.
- Open the Google Play Music app .
- Touch the Menu icon .
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Google account (Android) or Sign Out (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch).
- Select the account you use with Play Music.
- If you're asked to sign in again, enter your password.