Music won't start playing
If you’re having trouble playing music on Google Play, here are some troubleshooting steps.
TroubleshootingCheck your Internet connection
- Make sure you’ve installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
- Check if your browser has Adobe Flash Player turned on. Select your browser below for instructions.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the address bar, type chrome:plugins and press Enter.
- Under “Adobe Flash Player”, click Enable to turn Flash Player on.
- Open Firefox or Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools > Add-ons.
- Click Enable next to Adobe Flash Player.
- Open Safari.
- Click Preferences > Security
- Check the box next to Enable plug-ins.
If you’re using Google Chrome, Safari 3.1, or Internet Explorer 9 or higher, you can listen to music without using Flash.
- Go to Google Play Music (play.google.com/music).
- Click the Gear icon.
- Select Labs.
- Next to the HTML5 option, click Enabled.
- Click Save Changes.
Using your mobile device
Sign into your account again
If you recently changed your account password, you may need to sign in to Google Play Music again.
- Open the Google Play Music App.
- Touch the Google Play Music icon.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Google account.
- Select the account you use with Play Music.
- If you're asked to sign in again, enter your password.