My music won't play
If you're having trouble playing music on Google Play, begin with the troubleshooting steps for all devices below.
Troubleshooting on all devices
Step 1: Check your Internet connection
Next steps for specific devices
If you're still having an issue after trying the steps above, try the troubleshooting tips for your device below.
- Make sure you've installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
- Check if your browser has Adobe Flash Player turned on. Review the instructions for your browser below.
- Open Google Chrome .
- In the address bar, type chrome:plugins and press Enter.
- Under "Adobe Flash Player," click Enable. If you see Disable, your Flash Player is turned on.
Learn more about the Adobe Flash Player plug-in for Chrome.
Firefox or Internet Explorer
- Open Firefox or Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools > Add-ons.
- Next to Adobe Flash Player, click Enable.
- Open Safari.
- Click Preferences > Security.
- Check the box next to Enable plug-ins.
Note: Some third-party browser extensions may cause issues with Google Play Music. Try disabling any third-party extensions if you're still having problems.
Mobile devicesSign into your account again
- Open the Google Play Music app .
- Touch the Menu icon > Settings.
- Make sure that you're signed in to the same account you used when buying or uploading your music.
- To use a different account, touch Google account (Android) or Sign out (iOS).
If you recently changed your account password, you may need to sign in again using your new password to update your library. If you don't know your username or password, go to Google Account Recovery for help.
Jasmine is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.