Contact an Android app's developer
Most apps on the Play Store are made by third-party developers, not by Google. The developers are responsible for supporting their apps and making sure they work well for you. You should contact an app developer if:
- An app you’ve downloaded isn’t working.
- An in-app purchase hasn’t been delivered, isn’t working, or isn’t what you expected.
- You want to learn more about how to use an app or game.
Find contact information for an app developer
Note: If you’re a Chromebook user with the Google Play Store app enabled, you can also follow the instructions in the Android tab above.
- Visit Google Play.
- Browse or search for the app.
- Locate and select the app to open the detail page.
- Scroll down to the "Additional information" section.
- Review the contact information listed.
What to say when you contact the developer
When you contact the developer, let them know:
- The app you’re using. Examples include "Facebook," "Clash of Clans," or "Candy Crush."
- The issue you’re having. Such as "My in-app purchase didn’t come through," or "the app isn’t working properly when I open it."
- The response you’d like. For example, mention whether you’d like help fixing the issue or would like a refund for your purchase.
What to expect when contacting an app developer
You should expect a courteous and professional response when you contact a developer about an issue. If your inquiry is about a problem with a purchase you made, you should expect a response within three business days.
After you contact the developer, you can leave a public review for the app on the Play Store. Include your experience of the developer’s support to provide feedback to the developer and inform other Play users.
Leave a public review for developers
Using the Play Store app on your Android device or Chromebook
- Open the Google Play Store .
- Browse or search for the app you want to review.
- Find and select the app to open the detail page.
- Scroll down until you get to the reviews section.
Select the number of stars and write your review.
Using a web browser on your computer
- Go to play.google.com.
- Find the app you want to review.
- Select the app to open the detail page.
- Scroll down and click Write a review .
- Select your star rating and write your review.
- Click Submit.
Note: You can only review apps you have previously downloaded and installed. When you download an app, it's linked to your Google Account. If you downloaded the app but don't see the option to write a review, make sure you're signed in to the right account.
Dan is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.